Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have a Delonghi air conditioner that is showing a default

Customer Question

I have a Delonghi air conditioner that is showing a default code "PF" and will not turn the system on. What do I need to do? - Guy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.PF can mean two things, either Power Failure, or Probe Failure Make sure you have voltage at the unit. If this is OK, then the Thermostat probe has failed. Unfortunately this is not uncommon on these as water can get into them ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid $28 for a "Step by Step" repair on this air conditioner. Now that you have isolated the problem to the "Thermostat Probe" what is the guide for replacing the part? -- Guy
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HiI am not sure where it said there was a step by step guide, I certainly never suggested that. However, have you confirmed the correct voltage to the board? ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob, I have power to the unit. All the lights are on. I have a flashing PF signal on the dial. How are you going to help me besides asking me if I have the correct voltage to the board? I haven't even opened the unit, let alone know where the board is. My cell phone number is(###) ###-#### ***** I'm not paying an additional $18 to talk with a technician. This should have been in the original price quote. Please feel free to call me and we can walk through this. - Guy
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HiRepairing an appliance like this includes many steps to diagnose the problem. There is no point in stripping the whole thing down if there is a simple solution. I am afraid that I dont offer the telephone service, so Ill opt out. This means that if someone is willing to call you, they will.In the meantime, please do not rate or respoind to this, as this will lock your question.Alternatively, please remember that your deposit is always refundable, as long as you havent rated. Please contact customer services ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob, there is not link to a "Customer Service" rep on this website to get the refund. If you're unable to direct me to the service or provide me a phone number to call, I have no choice but to rate your services as extremely bad. -- Guy
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Im surprised that you feel its my fault that you cant see the link!
However, please look at the email that you got when you signed up. There is a link there to contact customer services
Failing that, please call
US/Canada 1-***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob, it's not your fault for me not seeing the Customer call number. I was just asking for you to provide it. Thanks. -- Guy