John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I'm working on a maytag Ft. load washer model:

Customer Question

Hi I'm working on a maytag Ft. load washer model: MHW6000XGO. All it does is display error codes-EO2 and FO1. It seems to program ok but it won't do anything else. The customer said that it drained the water out but wouldn't spin. I request Tyler Z to
answer if possible. Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.When you first got this error code was the washer in the clean cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure. The customer just called the other day and told me what it was doing. When I checked it out, I could set it for any cycle but when I push start, it just made the little musical beeps and that is all it would do. It wouldn't unlock either I had to take the top off and reach down and pull the ring on the lock switch to open the door
Ok the manufacture say the error code is ,,LOAD DETECTED DURING THE WASHER CLEANING CYCLE (rl = remove load) During the cleaning cycle, a load was detected inside the drum.Clear error code and run a Cleaning Cycle to verify problem.Possible Causes • Load inside the washer during clean cycle. • Mechanical friction on drive mechanism or basket. (Clothing between basket and tub.)so either the unit was set in a clean cycle but had a load in it of the unit sense a drag on the inner basket .If they have a articular of clothing between the inner and outer baskets .And I would assume that you did press cancel a few times correct?