John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My electric dryer motor was replaced by me because the old

Customer Question

My electric dryer motor was replaced by me because the old one froze up. Then I turned it on and no heat...so I replaced the element and both cut off thermals...still no heat! model # *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.You have three inline thermostats and the heat switch and the timer in the heater circuit.Have you tested for voltage to the heating element? while the unit is running
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a voltage tester and don't know how to use it........I have replaced the ones on the heating element tube.
ok so then you are just replacing part and not testing to see if they are bad .a voltage meter can be purchased at home improvement store or hardware store for less then $10.00Just the price of a cheap meter will pay for itself in just one part replaced that was good.You have the operating thermostat on the blower housing item #42 http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/0/00074054/680/900And the temperature control switch is on the console .Make sure it is not set on air dry