Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The dryer door will not open when the button is pushed

Customer Question

the dryer door will not open when the button is pushed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
novotronic t 1570c
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long shall i wait?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue likely lies with the door lock assembly. It is probably going to need to be replaced. When you push the button, do you hear the door lock clicking or humming/buzzing at all?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I do have the service manual I can send you if you want to replace that lock assembly yourself. It will require some pretty heavy disassembly, including the entire front panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no buzzing clicking humming or any reaction at all from pushing the button
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The lock switch has a much higher failure than the button assembly, but if you have a meter to test the lock for voltage, you can verify its failure. It will require electrical testing knowledge and some disassembly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OI do not think that is in the stars. How much do you think this repair will ren (since when I pull the door open it does open, and still closes well- is that a problem?)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, because it is Miele (a high end product), I would guess about $150-200 + parts. The lock can run $100 or more, depending on the servicer you use. Miele parts are available only through Miele, so they charge what they want with no competition. So, total, I would not be surprised to see a $300 repair bill.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will I be harming it if I just continue to pull the door open?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, the lock is probably broken anyway. I would continue to use it if is still working without a second thought.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do
Thanks again
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!