Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Stove and the left front does not work. I

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Stove and the left front does not work. I replaced the heating element but that did not fix the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
To start, the burner itself rarely fails. If the left front burner isn't heating and you replaced the burner element already, the only thing left is the most common part to fail which is the burner switch. This is the switch that the knob attaches to on the stove which you turn to adjust the stove burner. Just replace that switch and you should be good to go again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the switch and it did not fix the problem.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing left, so either the element came faulty, the switch came faulty, or one of them is wired incorrectly.