Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE refrigerator and I'm not getting ice the water

Customer Question

I have a GE refrigerator and I'm not getting ice the water is running out the little white hose on the bottom need some help fixing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And are you saying that when the icemaker cycles, water comes out the bottom below the refrigerator instead of filling up the icemaker? Where is this little white hose located exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ice maker not making ice not sure if i have a bad hook up or not hope it's easy fix ... no water came out of the water area neither only ..from that tube that i showed you in picture and it goes all on the floor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

why is it taking so long to reply

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That water line that is broken is the one that goes up inside the freezer door. That will need to be replaced with 1/4" plastic water tubing available from any hardware store. However, that would only leak when the dispenser is activated to get water at the door and would not affect the ice maker.May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's up in the previous post
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** not open all of the pictures. So the water line in the door is pretty straight forward, you just need to push a new line up through the hinge and out the dispenser spout. There is a guide tube that is foamed in the door. Is there ice in the ice maker waiting to be dumped or is it dry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tray dry
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The tube that brings the water into the ice maker, is it frozen with ice in the freezer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

im not sure .. i haven't pulled the freg out yet... I had to turn the water off to the refreg awhile back ...had some plumbing problems & once i turn everything back on..ice maker never worked agin so i wonder if thats the problem?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Probably. If you remove the line from the valve that leads to the ice maker and you cannot blow through it, it is plugged. If you can blow through it, replace the valve.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

file:///Users/barrythompson/Desktop/IMG_9874.JPG

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The old tubing should pull out from the hinge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there is nothing to pull out just a metal peace that the tube goes over .. i know that I'm back & front from ice maker to water..2 different things

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The water line that is coming out of the hinge, at the front of the picture, it should continue to pull out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its loose so water leaks