Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I Have a maytag 9000 series. I tried to stop the machine to

Customer Question

I Have a maytag 9000 series. I tried to stop the machine to add something else but the door wouldn't open. I have tried everything but it still won't open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So I'm not sure why the door isn't unlocking but I can tell you how to manually unlock the door. You need to pull the washer forward, unplug the unit, and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door. Now plug the washer back in and try it again. If the washer won't start or the washer won't unlock at the end of the cycle, the latch has just failed and would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't pull it out
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You can try to leave the unit unplugged for 5 minutes or flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes and see if that resets it, but if that doesn't work, there isn't going to be another option but to pull it out so you can remove the top panel and manually unlock the door I'm afraid to say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok hold on
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
ok good luck
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?