Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My frigidaire gallery just went off show off on the display

Customer Question

My frigidaire gallery just went off show off on the display but no lights inside
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
To turn the refrigerator back on, you should just be able to press and hold the POWER button in the upper left hand corner of the dispenser panel for 5 seconds to turn the unit back on. If not, then unplug the unit and wait 5 minutes and then try again. If it still won't work, you need a new front display board. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that about 5 times but the lights in refrigerator and freezer is not working the display is showing off. In the past when I turn the refrigerator off to clean the lights stay on
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Aye, I understand that, but if it won't reset by pressing and holding the power button and unplugging the unit for 5 minutes won't work, the display board will need to be replaced. That's not something you can control.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem and I'm sorry about the bad news but I wish you only the best.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?