Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do you clean the bottom of the filter of an LG dryer? Things

Customer Question

How do you clean the bottom of the filter of an LG dryer? Things have fallen below the filter piece and causing the "Check Filter" Button to pop on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The dryer must be taken apart in order to remove the lint filter housing and front drum support so you can vacuum and clean below the filter piece. Either that or sometimes people will tape a long straw or tubing to the end of a vacuum hose to get all the way down there through the filter opening to clean down at the bottom. Now if you want to take the dryer apart to clean it, this is really not an easy to get inside the dryer unfortunately. To gain access, you need to pull the dryer forward and unplug it. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in from the inside of the dryer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to remove the 2 screws below the door way. Now you can remove the front panel to access the inside of the dryer so you can remove the lint filter housing and clean it out.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?