John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool duet washer which stopped in the spin

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet washer which stopped in the spin cycle with 5 minutes and door won't open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance expert and I can help you today. What is the full model number of your washer? I do realize that you said you can open the door. But if you know it already please post it now. This will help,me to,know what model you have and let me see the exploded view diagrams you have as well. All helping me to better help you.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Most times this happens it will show and error code in the display. Does it show a display on the display?
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
And usually the quick fix is to power off the machine. Unplug it for five minutes. This will reset thmy main control board and should reset the door lock and allow you to open the door. Please try that if you haven't.