Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Scotsman Ice maker model DCE33. The ice cubes after

Customer Question

I have a Scotsman Ice maker model DCE33. The ice cubes after deposited into the storage bin slowly start to melt. So what I have is a storage bin that is full of ice water and cubes floating in the water. Over the past week, the amount of water (melted ice) has increased. I think the storage bin in not below freezing, so the cubes very slowly melt. How do I make the temperature in the storage bin colder?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The water should be draining out and new ice made as the ice level drops. You should never have water in the bin. The bin is not refrigerated beyond the ice being made, that way the older ice melts naturally and the ice is always fresh. You need to determine why the water is not melting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm confused by your answer. What do you mean by "you need to determine why the water is not melting". Water is melted ice so what are you saying? I thought you were going to tell me how to fix it or what was wrong and needed replacing. You telling me I need to figure out what the problem is, is not an answer that helps me. So please tell me what you are trying to say, and tell me what needs to be done to fix it. So far your reply is just a reply, not an answer. Please be more specific or I want my money back.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Not draining is what I meant, why is the water not draining? Is there a plug in the drain hole in the bin? Is this plumbed with a gravity drain or is there an auxiliary drain pump on it?