Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My LG WM2050 leaks water AFTER the end of the wash. Repair

Customer Question

My LG WM2050 leaks water AFTER the end of the wash. Repair guy told me there is an air vent in the back that has a valve to close the vent when spinning to prevent water from exiting the machine and that it is likely staying open. Following the tub clean cycle, there is no water on the floor. He says that is because there is no clothing to splash the water when spinning. He continues that there is a flaw in the molding of the tub and this he can remedy. What are your thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is no vent that opens and closes. The venting is by way of a hose (shown at the link below) that is attached to the top of the tub and vented to the cabinet to allow air flow. I know of no tub issue and there are no bulletins on the LG tech site, either. The most common cause of leakage as you are seeing is too many soap suds during the wash cycle getting pushed up into the vent. Are you seeing a lot of suds during a wash cycle? CLICK HERE