Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a 424 subzero wine fridge that isn't cooling

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 424 subzero wine fridge that isn't cooling properly. I have cleaned the condenser but it still wont cool down all the way. Is there anything I can do other than scheduling a service call and likely having someone come replace the evaporator? thanks
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw online that there were some diagnostics that can be run but am trying to understand if there might be a chance I can do anything to fix rather than simply bringing in a service technician for roughly ~$1000!!?? thanks much
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
if the compressor is running and the condenser fan motor is running but the unit cant get down tho temps then there is a sealed system issue ,most likely in the evaporator like you suggest , we cant just recharge the system any more ..if there was a thermistor error it would say "service " in the display and the lights would go off and on , those models did have thermistor wiring that would corrode ,but your symptoms indicate a leak