Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do I convert a JGBP90 Range from natural gas to propan

Customer Question

How do I convert a JGBP90 Range from natural gas to propane?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The orifices for the top burners will need to be replaced, the plug in the regulator will need to be flipped over and the orifices in the oven for the bake and broil burner will need to be screwed down tight to decrease the size of the orifice.May I please have the rest of your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JGBP90
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I need a few more characters...there are some different burner configurations. Results for: JGBP9021 Results Found
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model # *****
SERIAL# *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare your information.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You will need to order the LP orifices below. They may be attached to the back of the range. WB28K10023 Medium BurnerWB28K10031 Small BurnerWB28K10032 Large Burner Once those orifices are replaced (removing the burner caps and using a 7mm socket to remove and replace orifices), the regulator (pictured at link below) will have the plastic cap removed and the nut loosened and removed to allow the flipping of the plug underneath it. CLICK HERE Once that is done, you can screw the hoods for the oven burners all the way down to adjust the flames on the oven burners. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!