John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Oh well huh my brother pryed out the lid switch from my washing

Customer Question

Oh well huh my brother pryed out the lid switch from my washing machine hoping to bypass it easily but it's 4 colored wires
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So now the lid lock thing is broken because i opened it to see how it was wired inside and try to have it work even without the lid locked and all the small parts fell to the ground . So i cut the wires and i thought maybe if the current just goes through its going to work so i made them touch in all kinds of different orders and some combination made a flash and a smoke so i think the fuse is gone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So now huh i dont know what can be done i dont have spare fuses and it wont start i guess i'll go to the laundry downtown
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? And are you talking about a house fuse because no Whirlpool washer has a internal fuse that you can replace.