Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a DeLonghi Magnifica 3300 two years. The

Customer Question

I have a DeLonghi Magnifica 3300 for about two years. The coffe ground is not compacting properly and is spilling all over. Had it fixed once at a service center a year ago and it's doing the same now. What is wrong and can I fix it myself. Don't like the long service time. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely to be due to excess coffee grounds getting in the machine and needing to be cleaned out. Does there appear to be a lot of grounds free floating in the machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what you mean by free floating in the machine. The grounds usually gets compacted like a hockey puck, but in my case it is not compacting properly and loose coffee spills all over inside the machine. This happens whether I am doing a single or double cup, so I am not sure about excess coffee grounds. I also have not changed any setting prior to the problem.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the confusion, grounds all over in the machine that could be preventing the coffee from getting compressed. Do you know what was repaired last time you had this problem or was it just cleaned and serviced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was under warrantee, fixed by "Coffeeboss", but I do not know what was done.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I am going to place your question back to the list for others to see. I have a very limited first hand knowledge on this model and cannot locate a service manual for it. I am sorry, I just don't want to steer you wrong. You won't need to do anything, it will automatically post to the top of the list and alert that it is awaiting another tech.