Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a model RF386PXG S#RK5117260 stove that i ran thru

Customer Question

I have a model RF386PXG S#RK5117260 stove that i ran thru cleaning cycle, then got an E1 F5 alarm. it is not locked, but when i unplugged to try and reset, it came up 'locked' until the alarm E1 F5 came back.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. 1. Verify error code by pressing and holding CANCEL/OFF key for 5 seconds.Momentarily (less than 5 sec.) press CANCEL key again to remove error code display.2. Press and hold any key for 1 minute until F2 E0 code is displayed.3. Cancel F2 E0 error code.Did this remove the code from the display ? if so now try to program a bake setting .and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This appliance is in a rental house, i called her and had her hold for 5 seconds then cancel again. Locked came up. She then held for the 1 minute, less than 10 seconds into that the E1 F5 came back, we held for the full minute and E1 F5 still there.

which button did she hold for the one minute ? it can not be the cancel button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, will try again.

ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did you get last reply where she held start button thru last minute and got an R2 then a red lock then a blue lock then E1 and F5 came back.

no the last I got was (okay, will try it again)Ok so ask here if the oven door seems to close properly with out feeling as if it is draging on the door latch at the center top of the oven cavity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes..........that was my first thought that the lock mechanism was engaged somehow. it opens and closes with no clicks or hangups at all.

ok then I would have to suspect that the door latch switch has failed on the unit.this latch switch is mounted on the rear of the unit and it has a long rod that activates the latch on the front of the oven.I recommend to replace the latch assembly The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Latch-Solenoid/3196125/504706?ss=-x33313936313235&mr=0?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.
this part can be replaced with basic hand tools just need to unplug the unit remove the rear panel and replace the latch assembly .here is a part break down it is item #6 http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/0/00157206/680/900Do you have any more questions for me today?