John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Amana bottom freezer model AQRB9059CS: "NOT CHILLING OR

Customer Question

amana bottom freezer model AQRB9059CS:
"NOT CHILLING OR FREEZING" WHAT DO I CHECK? I LEFT TOWN FOR 5 DAYS AND THE AMANA WAS WORKING FINE. CAME HOME AND FIRST THING I NOTICED WAS ALL THE ICE WAS MELTED IN THE BOTTOM FREEZER.
PUT IN A TEMPERTUE THERMOMETER OVER 4 HOURS AGO AND IT HAS NOT MOVED. STILL READING AROUND 77 DEGREE'S. SAME WITH THE TOP REFER. 77 DEGREE'S
SOME BACKGROUND; OPEN DOOR AND ALL LIGHTS WORKING. ALSO I CAN HEAR THE FREEZER WATER PUMP WATER INTO THE ICE CUBE MAKER, BUT NO WATER IS ENTERING THE ICE-MAKER.
THERE IS WATER TO THE INSIDE REFER SINCE I CAN GET WATER FROM THE WATER GLASS DISPENSER AND FILL A GLASS OF WATERNORMALLY. THE WATER IS ROOM TEMP. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
1.I HAVE TIRED UNPLUGGING THE UNIT FOR 3 MINUTES AND TURNING THE UNIT BACK ON. (N0 CHANGE)
2. TURNED THE REFER AND THE FREEZER CONTROLS ALL THE WAY TO HIGH AS POSSIBLE. (NOCHANGE)
WHAT NEXT SHOULD I CHECK? THE TEMPERTURE HAS REMAINED THE SAME NEITHER COOLING OR FREEZING. CAN YOU HELP?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Can you look at the model number from inside the fresh food section ,because AQRB9059CS is NOT showing as a good model number. Open the freezer door is the freezer Evaporator fan running?And then pull the unit out away from the wall and remove the rear lower inspection cover is the Condenser fan running at all?