John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Kenmore 80 series dryer stopped working It was running and I cleaned the lint compartm

Customer Question

My Kenmore 80 series dryer stopped working
It was running and I cleaned the lint compartment out. A piece of wire about 6" long fell in while I had the lint drew out. The dryer stopped, I got the wire out but it still won't start. Model #110.60812990
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Do you have a volt ohm meter and know how to use it to do any testing?And the timer is set to a drying position ,door is closed and when you press on the start button nothing happens is this correct?