Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have an older Sub Zero refrigerator with the model # *****

Customer Question

I have an older Sub Zero refrigerator with the model # ***** or 361. I need to replace the front vent cover for the condensing unit on top...and the front ventilated toe plate at the bottom. Any hope for this 30 yr. old refrig. that still works fine??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
are you changing those for cosmetic reasons or is there a problem with the fridge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cosmetic only....might want to change some of the drawrs inside too if we can nail down the parts for this model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any help will be appreciated
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
as long as the compressor is ok and you keep the condenser cleaned and it has good airflow those fridges can keep going ,they also can be completely rebuilt with new tubing ,cpmpressors and fans if needed ,approx $1500-$2500..the toeplate is just 2 screws ..the top grill is just 1-2 screws and the spring up top that holds it , have you had it off previously?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have been removed for service...they look worn and I would like to get new ones if available
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
you can get new ones but only from parts places that deal with sz parts ,i dont know your area but if you call the 1800 cust service number on your manual for sz they will get you the nearest parts source for you