Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I install a new GE#WR32X10011 Water Pan in a GE Model

Customer Question

How do I install a new GE#WR32X10011 Water Pan in a GE Model PTC22MFMARBB Refrigerator (top freezer w/freezer door water/ice dispenser)? Does the refrigerator need to be turn on its' side to access the water pan?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So you never want to tip the unit on it's side or the refrigerator oil will cause a restriction in the sealed system. To replace this pan, you remove it from the bottom. You'll need to pull the refrigerator forward, remove the access panel on the bottom back to see the pan and help move it from the back. Pull all the food out of the refrigerator and freezer and tape the doors shut with duct tape. Now tip the refrigerator forward and put wood blocks under the back right and left corner and then once it's raised about 4 or 5 inches you can work on pulling the pan out from below the unit.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?