Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I can't get the top drawer to go back into the freezer on my

Customer Question

I can't get the top drawer to go back into the freezer on my 72042. Power was off and food spoiled and I had to clean out the freezer compartment.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely that the drawer glides are worn and will likely need to be replaced. They are part numbers 5218JA1009L & 5218JA1009M. There is a parts breakdown at the link below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the drawer in order to clean the freezer section after power outage. Can't get the drawer back in far enough to close the freezer. Something is blocking the glide on the left (facing the freezer) after we get the glides lined up and working. The answer I got was to replace the glides. Even with worn glides shouldn't the drawer close far enough to shut the freezer?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, if a glide is broken or worn too much, it may not close. Are you sure you got the drawer back on the slides correctly?