Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The controller on my SMU2046UC died. The rest of the washer

Customer Question

The controller on my SMU2046UC died. The rest of the washer was in good condition so I decided to repair it---myself. I ordered and have received the Bosch replacement. My grandchildren visited midway during reassembly and now I cannot remember how to reassemble the rods that activate the soap and "sparkle" reservoirs. I need a diagram and any tech tips you would be willing to share. Thanks, Robt.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The diagram is below. What parts are you having trouble placing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The schematic helps a little. What I really need is the "trick" to connecting the rods that activate the soap and conditioner compartments to the controller. I remember having a lot of trouble jiggling them apart and can't seem to jiggle them together. There must be a "trick" to this assembly. The schematic you mailed indicates there are 4 pages, I was only able to open page 1. Did you send 4? Thnx for the follow-up. Robt.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I only sent one page, the others are of the other parts breakdowns, irrelevant to the dispenser assembly. The majority of the Bosch machine use a sliding dispenser, not a flip type lid. I have not worked on the model you have there. I tried to pull up the service manual, but it is in 6 different languages (none being English) and is a general manual covering mostly poor wash results from what I can understand. I am going to place your question back to the list in case another has first hand experience with this exact model.