Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

F28 code on whirlpool wfw9400sw02

Customer Question

f28 code on whirlpool wfw9400sw02
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.F28 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to guess which control board you want to replace first, either the MCU or the CCU and the problem is that there is no way to test and determine which part is faulty so it's best to go off history and I can tell you that I see the MCU fail almost every single time when this error occurs, not the CCU so I would replace the MCU first. Below is a link to the exact part you need for your model. CLICK HERE for MCUWe are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?