Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with lights. My remote has

Customer Question

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with lights. My remote has stopped turning off the light. It still works for the fan. Tried a new battery but the lights will not trun off.
Sorry, I don't have the model number or serial number. I do have the UPC number (082392303075 Bronze. Bought the fan from Home Depot
Rob Jansen
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Your issue is with the control board /receiver in the fan it is a common issue.You will need to get to the top of the fan and get the Hampton Bay model number ,the UPC code will not help .There are good folks at the phone number below that can take your order. and send you what you need for Hampton Bay products. It is the Home Depot Hampton Bay parts line at 1-***-***-****. They will be able to send you the parts. Just have your model number ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 76 years old. Will have to wait until I can get my son over to climb the ladder. May be a day or so.
ok no problem!Yes if you call that number one of the first things they ask you is for the units model number .