Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

William.my name is***** have a maytag jet clean plus

Customer Question

Hi William.my name is***** have a maytag jet clean plus dishwasher with steam clean and today when I went to turn it on, I did everything I always did and when I hit the start button it stays on and then turns off and will not work. If you could please help me ! Thank You
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you turn the dishwasher off so that all the lights on the control panel are off, then press the start button, does the display light up at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no Tyler it does not.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK then this is a common issue and it means that the start button on your touchpad has failed. It's the most commonly pressed button and these dishwasher control panels were just not designed very well so the start button tends to fail after a few years. Now the part has been re-designed but it was never recalled so below is a link to the touch control panel you'd need to order and replace to resolve the issue. CLICK HERE for control panel We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?