Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

There. I've got a Jenn-Air built-in microwave that is above an oven. They'r

Customer Question

Hi there. I've got a Jenn-Air built-in microwave that is above an oven. They're a matched set -- very pretty convex stainless-steel. The micro is dead, and repair place is telling me that they cannot get all of the parts needed. So, I'm wondering if I can find a suitable microwave replacement that looks that same (convex shape), or if I'll need to replace the oven while I'm at it (which would be a shame). Thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There will be no built-in microwave with the exact same dimensions I'm afraid to say. It's the big reason that I advise customers to purchase the microwave and oven separately in case down the road one of them fails and you don't want to replace the entire assembly. You might find something that is somewhat similar in size, but it will either be wider or deeper or taller than the existing unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I will need to buy both a microwave and oven, it sounds like. Ugg. Okay, thank you for your help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem, I'm very sorry about the bad news however.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?