Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Amana arse667bc is not making ice, and it has periods of

Customer Question

My Amana arse667bc is not making ice, and it has periods of thinking its door is open, sometimes when i press for water it doesn't come out, and during those times when i press for ice there is no motor for the ice delivery mechanism. Any ideas for what parts need to be replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You could have a bad control board or you could have a bad door switch. What you'l want to do is close the door and peel back the door seal the next time it thinks the door is open. If the light is on inside, the door switch for the freezer door needs to be replaced. If the light is NOT on inside, your control board is just giving you a false error and the control board would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right now the "door open" signal is functioning properly. It might have been thown off by me when I unplugged my fridge.Just now I noticed there is an Ice plug in the rubber hose that delivers water to the ice machine so i have turned the freezer to off and have the door open so it will defrost. What do ya think?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You won't be able to determine if the issue is the switch or the control board without it acting up for now, but the next time it acts up it should be very straight forward. As for the ice plug, that has nothing to do with this other issue, but you can use a hair dryer to heat up the water line quicker to thaw that out.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?