Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Cooktop works fior initial try and then does not work after.

Customer Question

Cooktop works fior initial try and then does not work after. I hgave to turn breaker off and then on again. Jenn-air model JEC0530 Purchased 5 years ago and but just installed now. Control for lockout works but after sitting for minute or so when the breaker is on it wont work. Is there a internal trip. All touch so cant determine what is the problem
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went and turned the breaker off. Came back everything worked. At present 4 of the five heating elements are on. Nothing has tripped. Nothing ever did trip. It just seemed after sitting not being used it went into slep mode. Cannot see anything in the manual regarding this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned the breaker off and then back on. Meant to say that in previous message
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! When you power cycle the breaker, you reset the electronic controls. So, the issue is with the electronics. These types of controls are very susceptible to issues with the neutral and ground connections. Are these connections connected and secure?