Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Fridaire double wall oven: model FGET3065KFA. F43 Error

Customer Question

Fridaire double wall oven: model FGET3065KFA. previously used JA to diagnose. ended up with new board bc error code stated it was a board error. just replaced. Now showing a F43 code after about 20 seconds.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That error is not one that is programmed into the control. Are you certain you installed the correct control for that model? What part number did you install? The errors for that model are shown in the sheet below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have part number for the control? I'm returning the one I bought but the part # ***** to be right one. guess I will try a new one.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The main board is available below. Is this the board you replaced? CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's the Relay Board not the control board. I was told i need the control board by Justanswer

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
This is the main relay board, the board that processes the switching from the User Interface board. What board did you replace? What was the original problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Originally getting a F15 error and oven wont function at all. just beeps with F15 Error. When I replaced control board with a new one I got the F43 code which you said didnt make sense for this oven. replacement control board was identical to the original that gives the F15 error code. I have not touched the relay board at all.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The F15 error is indeed a display board error. Did you replace it with part number###-##-####
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I cannot confirm for your model, but some Frigidaire models have F43 programmed as a fan speed error. Specifically, that the cooling fan is moving too slow. However, it is not listed in your model's tech sheet that is shown below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So old board shows F15 error. prior to that it was failing and ovens were not heating properly and now just get constant F15 error. New board shows the F43 error........ so try a different control board?????

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I would have to say yes. Does the F43 come up without turning the oven to bake? That error, when indicating a fan issue, would only signal during a cooking cycle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

correct. only happens when I try to turn on oven to bake. unlike old board, the clock, etc. functions like normal.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so even though it is not programmed on that model, you may have an issue with the cooling fan. Does it turn easily and is it clean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. stove is only 3 years old. gently used

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It is unlikely that the new board is faulty. I suspect the issue may be with the cooling fan. That may be why the original board failed, poor air flow. I would recommend this.... Order the fan and install it. If the error does not reappear, that would verify the error is programmed but not documented. If the error does reappear, return the fan and the board and replace the board again. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's a double wall oven though. getting that error for both ovens. no way both went.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Both fans turn when baking, so if one is slow, it will error.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK I'll give it a shot....... Install through the front?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, no. The oven will need to be pulled out to remove the rear access panels.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK I'll give it a shot...... Only thing I dont understand is I still have old control board: when i install, even when power is off for long time gives me the F15 error immediately. I put that other one in and it is fine until i turn on oven and get that F43 error. will try fans though

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, the F15 error is a logic problem on the control, it will error immediately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Meaning?????? It triggers immediately when power is turned on

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Every time the control is powered up, it performs a self check routine. It "sees" that it has a problem and shuts down with the F15 error, signaling that it has problems and needs repaired.