Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Just replaced auger motor and also tried ice dispenser but

Customer Question

Just replaced auger motor and also tried ice dispenser but still won't dispense ice. Auger turns fine when out and empty
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the auger motor is turning with the bucket empty, the coupler is probably slipping and not able to turn the bucket auger. When it does not dispense, does the motor run or just hum or buzz? Can you manually turn the bucket auger when out of the freezer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can manually turn the auger fine with it out of the unit. It makes absolutely no noise no hum no anything.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If the auger motor is not making any noise or working, it is probably not getting power from switch. It is common for the switch bracket, number 15 in the diagram below, to break and allow the switch to "free float" and not get actuated by the lever. Are you able to disassemble and inspect that bracket? CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can take that apart tonight and check it. I know the part that you are talking about. What am I looking for exactly, to make sure his bracket is intact?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, there are plastic pins that the switches are set on to be held onto the bracket. Those little pins are common to break, allowing the switch to push back when it is actuated.