Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My quiet pak 9 was heating on first load in the morning just

Customer Question

My quiet pak 9 was heating on first load in the morning just fine put in load of towels and no heat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Can I have the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way to better assist you? And is this a gas or electric dryer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
110.85088-401
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a kenmore elite
Smart heat quietpak 9 he4
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK well the first thing you need to do is check to see if you're getting 220 volts to the dryer because the dryer will run with 110 volts but it won't heat without 220 volts. Pull the dryer forward and remove the small back access panel where the power cord connection to the junction block on the back of the dryer. With a multimeter, test power between the 2 outside power wires and you should have 220 volts. If the dryer is getting proper power, it sounds like your element went bad or your high limit cut out went bad. If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, the lower front panel will pull down and off. This will give you access to the heating element canister under the tub on the right side. Unplug the dryer and look on the left side of the heating canister. There are 2 little devices with 2 wires connected to each of them. The one near the back is your cut off. Check the resistance of this part and if it doesn't have continuity through it, it needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The response did not make sense to me. I am needed something less complicated. I don't have the tool to check the voltage. So no, the response did not help me at all.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately there is no way to track down a heating problem without a volt meter to check voltages, so if this is something you can't do yourself, you'll need to call a technician out to fix the problem because this is not a problem you can fix other than by just guessing.