Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

It's about the PSS23MSWA refrigerator. The dispenser lights

Customer Question

It's about the PSS23MSWA refrigerator. The dispenser lights are off, ice is made but unable to dispense, no water thru the door. Is it the water filter causing the problem or is it the dispenser?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The water filter wouldn't cause the dispenser to not work, it would stop ice from being made and water from being dispensed, but that's it. If your dispenser isn't functioning at all and the lights are off, check the wire connection that runs through the door hinge on the freezer door. Often times this will get corroded and need to be cleaned so unplug it and clean the receptacle with a toothbrush if you need to. If that doesn't work, usually the main control board on the back of the refrigerator is the part that fails and will cut the entire dispenser from working. The main control board is located behind an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel behind the refrigerator. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?