Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ge dryer model gfmn11 .my dryer quit working and gave a code

Customer Question

ge dryer model gfmn11 .my dryer quit working and gave a code e01. what is the problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
E01 means that your main control board has failed. Specifically the EEPROM on the control board has failed. There is no way to fix this issue other than order and replace the main control board. The model number you have listed isn't complete and to look up the main control board you'll need the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?