Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have Microwave Model PEB2060SMISS purchased 3/31/2010. Oven

Customer Question

Have Microwave Model PEB2060SMISS purchased 3/31/2010. Oven does not heat. Light comes on, table rotates, timer works. Tried several different modes still no heating. Every thing works except no heating. XXXXX XXXX . David XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX. XXXXX at XXXXX in XXXXX, XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.It sounds like you're on the right track. If the microwave still looks and sounds like it's working, but it's just not heating--that means your magnetron has likely failed. The magnetron is the part that actually creates the microwave to heat the food and it commonly goes bad and rarely gives a warning. The part itself costs about $120 so depending on the condition of the microwave, it may be better to just replace the microwave rather than repair it. Also, it will require you to un-install the entire microwave and remove the outer shell in order to access the magnetron for replacement so if you called a technician out it would be another $150 for trip and labor. Below is a link to the magnetron you'd need to order and replace for your model number. CLICK HERE for magnetronWe are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?