Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washer Kenmore Elite HE 3 Model 110.42824200 Ser. CSL

Customer Question

Washer Kenmore Elite HE 3 Model 110.42824200 Ser. CSL(###) ###-####Type 199-AKP 700/BT Model is equivalent to Whirlpool GHW9250MLO Intermittent problem with starting any cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain what you mean by "Intermittent problem with starting any cycle"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Normal behavior: 1) You select your cycle parameters 2) press and hold START button for several seconds. 3) You hear a loud click, the door locks and the cycle stats
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I have: press the START and nothing happens.
After 5 - 10 trials, it starts
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK but sometimes it won't start after you press the start button? On the times when the washer won't start, does it beep back at you? If so, how many times. Also, if you let it just run for 15 minutes after it doesn't work, does it start beeping like there is an error code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No beeps at all, no codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to change the whole board. The washer is not worth such a repair
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK then the only thing that would lock the door and not allow the washer to start but never give you an error code is the main control board. The main control board above the tub would need to be replaced to fix this issue so below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just let you know BEFORE your answer that changing the control board is not an option. I new it a month before when the problem started
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean. The control board is the only thing that can cause the problem your talking about. I can't control what fails any more than you can.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you don't want to replace the board, you would have to replace the washer then because there really are no other options.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your try, I'm not accepting this answer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure why you're here then. I obviously can't control what fails on an appliance. We are here to tell you what is wrong and what needs to be done to fix the issue. That is exactly what I have done for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As per your logic, the best remedy for a headache is beheading. I do not buy it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK call technician out and watch him give you the same exact answer for 4 times the cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, will do, thanks for trying.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry you are being unreasonable and if you call a technician out and they tell you the same thing you will see exactly where I'm coming for so in the future I will avoid your questions. Good luck