Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My refrigerator is not getting power to the compressor everything

Customer Question

my refrigerator is not getting power to the compressor everything else is working
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I see you requested a phone cal so I'll send that option over now. If you'd rather just type, then just respond and let me know.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Now, if the refrigerator still runs and the fan by the compressor is running, touch the compressor. The compressor will either be blazing hot or room temperature. If it's blazing hot, it means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out so you have a bad overload relay on the side of the compressor. If the compressor is room temperature, you have a common problem where the relay on your main control board has failed and isn't sending power to the compressor anymore. Sometimes you can remove the 8" x 10" sheet metal panel and take the control board out to see a burnt solder point on the back of the board which you can solder and get the relay working again. But if you see no black burn mark, you just need to order and replace the control board. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?