Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a ge pots rubber dishwasher. Model number

Customer Question

I have a ge pots rubber dishwasher. Model number gsd2230z02ww. It will not go through cycles. Was leaving water in tub. If I manually move timer it will drain and all..... Took off cover on inside of door.... Dryer switch will not push off or on- looked
at it--- broken connections-corroded--- will this be the only thing to fix to get it back into shape?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
do you mean the heat on/off switch has corroded wires? or the timer has broken wires? thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The heat on/off looks like it melted. Middle connect not even connected, and button does not go in and out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this stop cycles from going through cycles. I came to it with water in tub- I manually moved timer and it drained. Now when I move timer it won't fill at all---was a continuos wash cycle before. If I replace switch will it solve all problems
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
the heat on /off is just for the heater , if its not going thru the cycles byitself that will be a timer issue ,that is what drives the dw thru the different settings , looks like you have various issues with that dw , you would also need to change the timer http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b3p9/GE-Dishwasher-Timer/WD21X10013/271324?modelNumber=GSD2230Z02WW&ss=a9b3d50753&mr=1