Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool washing machine, model #WFW95HEDCO & in

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool washing machine, model #WFW95HEDCO & in middle of washing when I cannot get the red blinking door lock off nor can I open the door. Tried everything including the control lock which did not help. Help me get this unlock so I can continue washing. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. First, you'll need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door. Now you can try the washer again but if it won't lock or acts up again in the future, replace the door latch. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?