Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Norcold 3163 does not operate in LP mode. Replaced burner,

Customer Question

Norcold 3163 does not operate in LP mode. Replaced burner, thermocouple, interrupter, manual safety valve and gas control. Test for relighter indicates OK. Used full propane tank for test, so pressure should be good.
Testing done while fridge is level. Burner is not mounted onto exhaust, but is exposed so I can see what's going on.
Spark is OK. Lights when manual safety valve is pressed. Won't hold flame upon release of manual valve.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! if the valve and thermocouple have been replaced and LP pressure is good, it has to be a problem with the new thermocouple. The one it calls for is below. Is this the one you installed? Is the bulb in the flame?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed the correct thermocouple. I got the Part # ***** the service manual. It is identical to the one I removed. Bulb is in flame.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Is itlike the one above? Can you measure the DC millivolts it produces when hot, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is identical to the photo. 0.63 m on one side of the interrupter and 1.5m on the other.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Very odd, I am not sure. With the parts all being new, I would say you got a bad valve. I am going to place your question back to the list for others to see. Maybe another has run across this, I have not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is very odd. What can I expect as the next step?

Thanks.