Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a whirlpool side by side refrigerator / freezer model # ***** My unit is not

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool side by side refrigerator / freezer model # ***** My unit is not able to dispense ice or water, however it does make ice. The light turns on when I press the button for dispensing ice and water, but I hear no noise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Do you or did some one turn the dispenser control off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the dispenser control?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached picture of my dispenser. It's unlocked. I can also take a recording for you to see exactly what is going on with sound and put on youtube if that helps.
And neither the ice or the chilled water will dispense correct?and have you unplugged or turned off the power to the unit for 5 minutes or more to reboot the electronic control board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct, neither the ice or water dispenser works. I just turned off power to the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, then turned it on and waited about 5-6 minutes, still does not work.
ok so the dispenser is NOT locked the keypad is responding because the light comes on And the dispaly even shows the dispenser is unlocked .So that means the issue is in the main control board.Here is a link to the part .http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/W10259855/1602522?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the icemaker works and both the fridge and freezer is fine as well. does this mean I still have to replace the control board? after I order the control board, do you know if I can return the control board in case I find out that it does not fix my problem?
the main control board is the Brain for every component in the unit the main control is what tells the chilled water valve to open to have water come out of the dispenser.And it tells the augur motor to run to dispense the ice out the door .And the link for the part that I use,, is for highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - Do you know if the control board is in the back or front?
The dispenser control board is right on the freezer door in the dispenser area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, the part you linked is for the dispenser control board? It looked like the main control board to me.