Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

There-Dishwasher won't start when we push the start button.

Customer Question

Hi there-Dishwasher won't start when we push the start button. No lights come on. It is a maytag 300 quiet series
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if ou open the door? Also, are you saying the control panel is 100% dead and no lights come on at all ever?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lights come on. But it won't start MDB6601AWB. The 2H button will blick and then turn off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blink
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK well the 2H means that you have the 2 hour delay started, but if it just turns off and blinks, it sounds like your control board is acting up. Try to start the cycle and give it a few hours to see if it will start after 2 hours to run out the delay timer. If that doesn't work, the control board inside your door would need to be replaced because it has failed. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.