Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a jean air microwave jmc7000adb that is counting down but not turning on. When

Customer Question

i have a jean air microwave jmc7000adb that is counting down but not turning on.
When i slam the door hard every one in 30 times the microwave works
.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the microwave is counting down but it won't run, either one of your door switches isn't engaging or the display board has a bad relay on it. Now I know you replaced the door switches, but you really need to test them to determine if they are working properly when you open and close the door. Possibly one of the mounts that holds the door switch will need to be moved slightly or the frame torqued a bit to bend it enough to activate the switch properly. Other than that, if all the switches are working then you need a new display board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the door sensor switches are likely working as the light turns on and off as expected when door is open or closed. I hear a clicking sound when the microwave starts to count down so i think the relay is working as well. All other things on display board appear normal and the microwave works intermittently
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why do you think it is the display board when it works intermittently?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Because the only other possibility other than the door switches is the display board. There are no other options so if you're looking at anything else then you're not looking in the right direction.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?