Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE profile double oven with model number Pgb975sem1ss.

Customer Question

I have a GE profile double oven with model number Pgb975sem1ss. My lower oven light indicator is flickering.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So a flickering light is likely nothing to replace unless it really bothers you because it's just a cosmetic issue. Either your light is going bad, or the thermostat which you turn the knob to turn the lower oven on has a bad contact inside. You'd have to test power at the indicator light and if you have 120 volts steady to the light and it's flicker, you need a new indicator light. If you don't have a steady 120 volts, you'd need a new thermostat. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But the stove no longer works (I don't hear the ignite), and the display is not showing.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK you never mentioned that, you just said the indicator light was flickering. You need to make sure you're getting 110 volts to the oven, if so and the display doesn't show up, your display board is shorted because nothing else will cut power to the display. Start by replacing the display and hopefully that fixes all the other issues otherwise you'd need to work your way down the list of errors and next check the flickering indicator as I described before and replace that faulty part.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tyler, I will buy the GE electric control and replace it. Will hit you back with update and rate you base on outcome.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
ok good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My GE electronic control, Part #: AP4484257 (WB27K10322), came today and I replaced it.... same thing. The lower oven light is still blinking and I still don't get any displays on my oven. Any other suggestions? Maybe the part that I brought is incorrect?