Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do repair or replace the touch pad on my LG Mdl#LMV205

Customer Question

How do repair or replace the touch pad on my LG Mdl#LMV2053SB?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You usually can't repair a touchpad other than try to unplug the microwave and heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer. Then massage all the buttons and let it cool down. Plug the unit back in and if you still have an issue, the touchpad would need to be replaced. Thankfully the touchpad is only about $20 on this unit and the part number is ***** Below is a link to the part you'll need to order. CLICK HERE for touchpad If you are handy, this is definitely something you can replace yourself. The touchpad is nothing more than a sticker with a ribbon cable connected to the control board behind the control panel. First, start by unplugging the microwave. There should be 2 or 3 screws coming in from the top of the vent over the door. Remove these screws and pull the vent panel off. That will expose a screw over top of the control panel. Remove this screws and the control panel will pull off so that you can replace the touchpad. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.