Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a question about the ive maker in teh ken more 106.

Customer Question

I have a question about the ive maker in teh ken more 106.56702500
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.What is your question on your ice maker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the aygar motor in a Kenmore 106.56702500. When I reassembled the control panel works for as few seconds then makes a clicking noise . I unplugged and let power drain . Same system. I dissembled and reset all plugs on all circuit broads and reassmebed but get the same symptoms, i.e working fora few seconds and starts making a clicking noise
What is making the clicking noise ? And where is the clicking coming from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From the frontal panel circuit card assembly. The light was flashing in sync with the clicking noise but that has become intermittent
ok when you hear the clicking look up into the dispenser and see if the ice dispenser door is opening and closing making the click in unison with the light flashing .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Check that it will move when it operates but not when it starts clciking
ok and it was not doing this before you replaced the augur motor ?and what was the reason that the motor was replaced for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was no longer working . It has been replaced several times. Also I further investigated the clicking . It is the light turning on and off
ok so if the light is turning on and off you may have a stuck keypad or a relay on the control board that is going bad ,could even be wires touching each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has been going on for several days and I have already ordered a new assembly. what has got e stumped is why it's not making ice. Is the ice maker dependent on this assembly. I get an occasional piece of ice but not a full tray. one thing I read this morning is if the compartment is above 5 degrees it will not function . That may be the problem as I have had the door open a lot and thiere is moisture and the compressor is running to catch up. Should I just give it a few hours with teh door closed or is iced dependent on this module
this unit also has the night light is it rather dark in the kitchen area at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the kitchen has a east facing window as it well lit natuarly during the day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The night is the light that is clicking on and off. I tried disconnecting but the board does nothing
ok lets try one thing put a towel over the dispenser console to duplicate darkness to see if it stops flashing and clicking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cover the light sensor and the light still is clciking on and off
ok and if you disconnect the augur motor will the light and clicking still continue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
disconnected augar and symptoms the same, ie light clicking on an doff no front panel control
Ok I can only suspect that you have an issue with the control board then .And it will have to be replaced.Here is a link for the part.http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/2252174/1174379?ss=-x32323532313734&mr=0?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.