Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an electrolux washer with base pedestal storage box.

Customer Question

I have an electrolux washer with base pedestal storage box. The storage box does not catch or remain closed and I haven't figured out how to remove the drawer from the guides to get a better look
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
To remove the drawer, you'll need to pul the drawer out as far as you can and then there is a plastic lever just behind the drawer toward the back of the rail inside each rail itself. One plastic lever pushes up and the other pushes down. Then the drawer will pull out completely. Either way, it sounds like your drawer catch itself has failed and would need to be replaced. You'll need the model number of the base pedestal to look up the correct part which should be on a sticker somewhere inside which you can see if you just remove the drawer. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tyler; I found the answer on another web site shortly after I sent you the question. Thank for your help. Brad
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK...