Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do I use a multi meter to test the selinoid in my washer

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The best way is to set the meter to measure AC voltage, depending on the model. Then, when it should be filling, test for 120 VAC between the two wires on each solenoid. Even if they are faulty, they will typically hum or buzz when energized. What exactly is the trouble you are having with your machine? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?