Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Lg micro wave mv-1560t does not start nothing no lights no

Customer Question

lg micro wave mv-1560t does not start nothing no lights no sound dead cb seems normal , power at the plug in
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the unit has no signs of life, you either have a bad fuse or the display board has failed if you're certain the microwave is getting power from the plug. You'll need to pull the microwave forward and remove it if it's installed and not already on your cabinet. Unplug the microwave and remove all the screws coming in from around the back of the microwave around the border. If there are any screws coming in from the right and left side panels, remove those as well. Now the outer shell of the microwave will pull straight back, up, and off. That will give you access to the microwave parts behind the control panel area. There is a fuse that looks like the part in the link below. Look around for the fuse and remove it. Test it for continuity and if it's open, replace the fuse. If the fuse checks good, you'd need a new display board and you'd probably be better off just replacing the microwave rather than repairing it I'm afraid to say. CLICK HERE for fuse We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?