Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need help figuring out if I have to replace the main panel

Customer Question

I need help figuring out if I have to replace the main panel of an older Thermador built-in wall double oven model SCD272TP. When we turn on the oven, sometimes it works without issues, other times when we turn it on it start beeping and displays F7 error code on the panel. To stop it, we have to either turn the breaker off/on or give the panel a slight but firm push (seems to do with a contact somewhere). This sometimes fixes the issue, most other times it starts again after a few seconds.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The problem is not your control board, it's a faulty touch control panel. The touch control panel would need to be replaced to fix the problem. The issue only occurs when it gets warm for now which is a common way for it to begin acting up, but eventually it will flash F7 all the time if you don't replace the touch control panel. Either way, many of these touch panels have been discontinued so you'll want to contact someone like Searspartsdirect.com with your full model number by phone to be certain that your touchpad is still made. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oven does turn off when the beeping / error flashing starts. Is there any way to definitely rule out that this is not a control board issue as well?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There is no way to rule that out, no. But F7 specifically is stating that the touchpad is failing and the conditions when it's occurring align with when the error would normally present itself so there is no reason to think you have a bad control board.